Here are a few important reminders to help get you ready for the start of the new school year:
- During construction of the new school, students in grades 2-6 will be attending the former Newfoundland School for the Deaf on Topsail Road in St. John's. Kindergarten and Grade One will remain at Holy Family and follow their busing and school routines.
- Opening day for both Octagon Pond Area school and Holy Family is Thursday, September 10th for grades 1-6 students, and Friday, September 11th for our Kindergarten students.
- At Octagon Pond Area School doors will open for students at 8:25 am and dismissal is at 2:40 pm - Please visit the Daily Bell Schedule Page for further information on the school schedule.
- At Holy Family doors open at 8:25 am and dismissal is at 3:05 pm. Please see June 2015 newsletter located above in the news and events section.
- Octagon Pond Area School bus routes can be found at https://www.nlesd.ca/schools/doc/1434046814390.pdf
- Holy Family Elementary bus routes (which include Octagon Pond Area Kindergarten and Grade
One students) can be viewed at: https://www.nlesd.ca/schools/schoolprofile.jsp?id=209
- School supply lists for all grades can be found in the Parent section above.
School Lunch Program Registration: Online registration is now open. Registration forms will be distributed to all schools by Wednesday, September 9th. Registration forms will go to all students regardless of whether they have already registered online. Parents do not complete paper registration if they have already registered online. Registration takes place every year, if parents took part in the program last year they will need to complete the registration again this year. Should parents have questions regarding the program please refer them to our office phone 754-5323 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Dates :
Wednesday, September 9th – Registration Forms distribution to schools. To be distributed to students on this date.
Friday, September 11th – Registration forms return date.
Monday, September 14th – School Lunch Envelopes/Menus distribution to schools. To be distributed to students on this date.
Thursday, September 17th – School Lunch Envelopes Return date.
Monday, September 28th will be the first serving day for the school lunch program.
Please note Registration is required in order to participate in the School Lunch Program. Orders without a completed registration will not be processed. Late orders will not be accepted.